Service Learning projects offer both youth and adults an opportunity to learn about important issues, take action, and make a difference in the world around them! More than volunteering, service-learning is a deliberate process through which people young people figure out what excites them, and what skills and passions they can share as part of the larger world.
Drive Dates: October 15th – November 14th, 2018
Join us in bringing holiday cheer to our troops overseas. With your help and support, the YMCA of East San Gabriel Valley will send stockings filled with much needed items and pieces of home to our military families.
How it All Comes Together…
- Donations Collected: YMCA Child Care Sites.
- YMCA Child Care Stuffing Party: Staff and students sort donations and fill stockings.
- Stockings Shipped to Troops: Words of Comfort, Hope & Promise packs and ships all stockings overseas.
- Troops Receive Stockings: Our troops enjoy the holidays with a taste of home.
- Candy canes
- Starbucks Via® coffees – our troops’ favorite!
- Peanut butter or cheese & crackers snack packs
- Cup of Noodles® or Easy Mac® macaroni & cheese
- Starkist® tuna & crackers snack packs
- Nature Valley® Sweet & Salty Peanut bars
- Gatorade Propel® dry powder packets for water bottles
- Cliff® Bars/Protein bars
Individual Snack Packs
- Assorted bags of nuts
- Dried fruits/raisins
- Cheez-Its® or Cracker Jacks
- Trail mix
- Sunflower seeds
- Beef jerky/Slim Jim
- Corn Nuts®
- Store-bought cookies
- Christmas stockings, 7” wide x 19” long
- Toothbrush, toothpaste, floss
- Chewing gum
- Hand warmer packets
- Pocket or purse size package of baby wipes
- Letters and Christmas cards, addressed to “Dear Armed Forces”
Drive Dates: 2019 Dates and Information Coming Soon!
The YMCA has partnered with HomeAid and the Children and Families Commission of Orange County to raise awareness and support homeless families as they rebuild their lives. Every child needs these essentials. Help them by donating diapers and baby wipes!
- Diapers (sizes 4-6)
- Baby wipes
Angel Stadium Drop-off. Volunteer during this donation drop-off and sorting event. Visit HomeAid for more details at homeaidoc.org/essentials.
Drive Dates: 2019 Information coming soon!
The Y is excited to support our young learners with a new backpack full of supplies to ready them for the upcoming school year! This year we are focusing our efforts to collect supplies for our 1,200+ After School Education & Safety (ASES) Program students. This program supports low-income families by providing a safe and educational after school environment through state grants and YMCA fundraising.
How it Works
- Fill a backpack with items from the suggested list below OR donate items towards filling a backpack.
- Drop off donations at your local YMCA health & wellness facility.
- Colored Pencils (12 Count)
- #2 Pencils
- 1” Binders with Paper
- Glue Sticks
- Crayons (24 count)
- Pens (Black/Blue)
- Dividers for Binders
- Safe Scissors for Ages 6-12
- Basic Calculators
- Pencil Cases